- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 2 TBS ground flax seeds
- 1 TBS raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 TBS raw sunflower seeds
- 1 TBS sliced raw almonds
- 1 TBS chopped walnuts
- 2 TBS unsweetened coconut flakes
- ½ cup almond or coconut milk, unsweetened – hot or cold
- ½ cup berries- raspberries, strawberries, blueberries (optional)
- 1 scoop (10-15 grams of protein) protein powder (optional)
- Combine all the seeds, nuts, flakes and protein powder in a bowl.
- Top with hot or cold milk and let sit for about 5-10 minutes or until the chia seeds begin to gel and thicken.
- Add the berries and extra milk if needed.
- For faster “gelling” of the chia seeds, soak seeds, nuts and flakes mixture in ¼ cup hot water first for a few minutes. Then add the milk, berries and protein powder if using… and enjoy.
- For a really fast breakfast… assemble all the ingredients and soak the night before. Keep in the refrigerator. In the morning, it will be instantly ready. Just add extra milk if needed and optional berries (the berries can actually be added to the soaking mixture the night before too). It can’t be any faster than that!
- Grab-And-Go Breakfast: All the dry ingredients can be mixed up ahead and stored in baggies or containers. These are great to Grab-And-Go in the morning. Just add the milk and enjoy. Berries optional!
Karen Rose Tank of www.RoseHealthCoaching.com